This blog has moved. Please update your bookmarks.

Nature Calls

I don't know why this happened. Maybe it's because I ran into this interesting girl online, on one of those dating sites. Short profile, pretty face, and stationed in Alaska with the U.S. Coast Guard. Reading about her and about the USCG caused me to ponder a bit what it's like to be on a cutter plowing through the rough waters of the Aleutian islands. Feeling the cold, raw wind tear in your face, breathing salty fresh air, watching the rough waves splash over the stern...

And here I am, yet another day in front of a computer screen and poking bytes around. Now don't get me wrong, it's an interesting job and all, and in winter it's absolute heaven sitting inside with a hot cup of coffee in hand. But... sometimes, I just don't feel alive...

I'm trying to fight the urge to suddenly just take a day off and head into the wild with a backpack and tent on my back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Blog contents copyright © 2005 Mats Gefvert. All rights reserved.