This blog has moved. Please update your bookmarks.

Backup For Workgroups? Hardly

Unfortunately, the saga continues.

When Backup for Workgroups finally had completed the entire Emergency Restore operation, I rebooted my computer and was immediately greeted by a blue screen upon startup. Nothing worked. Totally gone. Not even any safe mode worked. The only option left to me was to reinstall Windows XP -- which of course killed my entire registry, and that means reinstalling every single application on my computer anyway, typically.

Needless to say, I feel a little stumped.

There should be some utility to export the Software section from HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. So at least that survives.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Blog contents copyright © 2005 Mats Gefvert. All rights reserved.