This blog has moved. Please update your bookmarks.

My Town Is Growing Up

The big news in town is that the new road opened. Because of the deteriorating traffic situation through Skultorp, it was decided that a new road should be built. Since the road would go right through military training fields, they had to build 300-meter tunnel, where Leopard II armored tanks can drive over the road without bothering traffic.

The grand opening was yesterday, the 1st of October. I test-drove it today; and while I refuse to be overly excited about a chunk of road and a tunnel (I mean, hey, Stockholm has tunnels, man), it's still a little inspiring to see things change around here.

I don't think it was thought to coincide with the fact that Skövde passed the 50,000-population mark just a few weeks ago, but it did.

My town is growing up. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Blog contents copyright © 2005 Mats Gefvert. All rights reserved.