This blog has moved. Please update your bookmarks.

Too Much Tea

I have too much tea in my cupboards.

Since I haven't done any major cooking during the last few years or so (*shame*), I threw out some stuff that's gone stale. Macaronis from 2002... A package of instant soup from 2003... :)

But I discovered I have far too much tea. I'm in a habit of buying new, interesting tea; thereby pushing the older tea back, so I don't find it.

The teas I have stacked in there now include:

  • Twinings Earl Grey (teabags and loose)
  • Twinings English Breakfast (teabags and loose)
  • Twinings Pure Rooibos (teabags)
  • Twinings Apple, Cinnamon and Raisin Tea (teabags)
  • Twinings Lapsang Souchong (loose - and oh! so wonderful)
  • Twinings Darjeeling (loose - and a favorite)
  • Lipton Yellow Label (teabags)
  • Friggs Chamomile (teabags)
  • Friggs Rosehip Tea (teabags)
  • TGFOP Assam Mokalbari (loose)
  • TGFOP Darjeeling (loose)
  • Ceylon Pekoe (loose)
  • Colonial Tea Company Green Tea Lime (loose)
...and some other assorted teas I haven't dared to touch.

Incidentally, TGFOP stands for Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe, if you didn't know.

And speaking of teas, I have a theory. I think it's entirely possible to rate a tea producer entirely by their Earl Grey alone. All you need to do is to sample a producer's Earl Grey. If it's good, feel free to go on with the rest. If it's bad, chances are their other tea is just as bad.

For instance, be sure to check out Julie Catanzaro's site Tending Toward Tea, which is all about Earl Grey teas. Hundreds of them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Blog contents copyright © 2005 Mats Gefvert. All rights reserved.