This blog has moved. Please update your bookmarks.

Just Pull The Trigger And Think Of England

We practised precision shooting yesterday at the shooting club.

Precision shooting with a .22 is a very serious competition. You have six minutes (we always seem to finish in three) to shoot five rounds into a target at 25 yards distance. The dashedly elusive 10-pointer is the goal.

In the middle of it all, when I stood there, aiming and trying to line up for that perfect ten, the phrase "just close your eyes, pull the trigger and think of England" came to me. You know, for queen and country and all that, sort of.

It must have come from some James Bond movie, but it seemed so hilarious at the moment that I completely lost my focus. I almost burst out laughing.

I don't know why I thought of it. Maybe I've drunk too much tea.


2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Albis said...

Maybe you are becoming the next Austin Powers ;). http://www.bongonews.com/StoryImages/austin_powers.jpg

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Mats Gefvert said...

Yeah, baby, yeah! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Blog contents copyright © 2005 Mats Gefvert. All rights reserved.