This blog has moved. Please update your bookmarks.

VSS 2005: Out, Be Gone!

We backed down from VSS 2005 down to VSS 6.0 again on our systems. And, in doing so, cut the time for a Get Latest Version on our dpm folder down from 6 minutes to 11 seconds. A remarkable improvement, I'll say. Finally I can use the source code repository again without banging my head bloody against the wall.

I'm thinking, we must have missed some kind of fatal setting somewhere in the VSS setup. There's no way it could act so stupidly. But, it's a dollar short and a day late. Our patience is gone, forever.

So, VSS goes out, and will be replaced with something else. Maybe SourceGear Vault, which I'm lobbying hard for. We're still investigating.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Blog contents copyright © 2005 Mats Gefvert. All rights reserved.